On March 19, 2016, we will be hosting a benefit gala to support SOFIA House. There will be live entertainment, silent auction, and food & drink. At 7:30 the cocktail reception begins, featuring a local jazz trio, with hors d’oeurves, silent auction, and wine grab. At 9:30 the ballroom opens to local band “wildfire” (country/rock). There will be a SOFIA house presentation, and MC Michael Ball ( Ballsy 104.9 the wolf) will be joining us. There will also be active food stations. At the end of the evening, take the elevator home and take advantage of $99 hotel rooms ($60 discount) provided by the Doubletree Hilton Convention Center and Hotel. We look forward to seeing you at this fantastic event!
SOFIA House is a long term housing program that provides safe housing and support for women and children fleeing interpersonal violence. Through our on-site counseling services and housing capabilites we live the meaning of SOFIA: Support Of Families In Affliction.
Hide Your Tracks
If you know someone experiencing interpersonal violence…
Tell them that you believe them and assure them that they are not alone. Let them know that:
- The abuse is not their fault.
- They did not “provoke” the violence, no matter their actions.
- They are not responsible for changing the abuser’s behavior.
- Encourage her to seek help by calling any one of the emergency numbers listed.
- If you see or hear any signs of a physical attack, phone 911 (Police Emergency) for her.
- Report child abuse to the Department of Social Services.