We would like to Thank Winners / HomeSense together with Canadian Women’s Foundation for the donation in the prevention of violence in Families.
SOFIA House is a long term housing program that provides safe housing and support for women and children fleeing interpersonal violence. Through our on-site counseling services and housing capabilites we live the meaning of SOFIA: Support Of Families In Affliction.
Hide Your Tracks
If you know someone experiencing interpersonal violence…
Tell them that you believe them and assure them that they are not alone. Let them know that:
- The abuse is not their fault.
- They did not “provoke” the violence, no matter their actions.
- They are not responsible for changing the abuser’s behavior.
- Encourage her to seek help by calling any one of the emergency numbers listed.
- If you see or hear any signs of a physical attack, phone 911 (Police Emergency) for her.
- Report child abuse to the Department of Social Services.